Have you ever wondered what makes #walnuts so #healthy?
Hold the crunch. Here’s what they do:
- – They help regulate blood sugar levels to prevent cravings and hunger
- – They slow release serotonin that gives us a sense of satisfaction and contentment; helping combat mood swings and appetite.
Some time ago, people thought that the nuts were interfering with our diet and made us gain weight.
However, it has been recently discovered that if your goal is weight loss, it requires that you incorporate walnuts into your daily diet because they allow you to lose the accumulated fat around the belly.
Walnuts, these nuts of the walnut tree, are actually beneficial for weight loss and provide us with many benefits for our health, such as the prevention of cardiovascular disease or the lowering of bad cholesterol (LDL).
However, keep in mind that walnuts have many calories (654 calories per 100 grams), so you should moderate their consumption.
Walnuts for weight loss
The best thing about walnuts is that they are elements that nature provides us for losing weight, excluding chemicals in our diet.
While the walnuts are native to Asia Minor and southeastern Europe today, they can be planted anywhere in the world.
So if you prefer to eat the fruit directly from the plant, you can grow your own walnut tree which is also very beautiful aesthetically.
Among its slimming properties, we can find:
- Favoring the functioning of the metabolic process
- Help burn fat located in the abdomen
- They have a shallow sugar content
- They are natural antioxidants for their high content of polyphenols
- They have high levels of omega-3
- Its consumption creates a feeling of satiety immediately because it increases serotonin levels.
- Its high fiber levels regulate intestinal transit
- Promote the functioning of the digestive system
The important thing is to note that you need 30 grams of walnuts to achieve weight loss. In fact, recent research from the University of Rovira I Virgili has shown that consuming 30 grams of walnuts for 12 weeks profoundly modifies the metabolism, lowers blood sugar levels, and can make you burn more fat in less time.
Also, when the urine of research participants was analyzed, it was found that they had increased their levels of serotonin (a neurotransmitter that causes satiety in the body) and had reduced substances associated with inflammation of the abdomen.
It is also noteworthy that all nuts, being consumed in perspective, are healthy to lose weight. For this reason, if you get tired or get bored of eating walnuts every day, you can go varying them with hazelnuts, almonds, cashews, and pistachios. Thus, you can consume between five and eight walnuts (or other nuts) daily, both at breakfast, as a snack, or in juices, salads, and sauces.
Note that while walnuts and dried fruits are very beneficial for weight loss, it is important to complement its consumption with a healthy diet, constant exercise, and consuming at least two liters of water a day.
Include walnuts to your diet moderately and you will see how beneficial they are to lose weight.