We are told that to lose weight, we should follow a diet full of fruits and vegetables, which is true, but we ignore that certain vegetables are more effective than others when it comes to weight loss. For example, this is the case with carrots.
Carrot, an orange root sold in all markets, is a great ally for weight loss because it is composed of a variety of nutrients that regulate the body’s functioning. In addition, carrots reduce cholesterol, protect against cancer and strengthen the immune system.
Using carrot for weight loss
The carrot is very versatile; they can eat them with any other food the way you like it: raw whole or grated, mashed, baked, steamed, boiled. Here, we show you a recipe so you can drink every morning when you wake up and start the day with energy.
Orange and carrot juice for weight loss
This juice is very effective for losing weight due to the combination of nutrients of the orange and the carrot since both have large amounts of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. It also serves to start the day detoxified.
- 1 large carrot or 2 small carrots
- Orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Wash, peel, and cut the carrots. Then bring to boil in a saucepan with water.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the juice of an orange.
- Carrots take some time to be cooked, but they are ready when they are pierced and tender.
- Once the carrots are cooked, put them in a blender with orange juice, a teaspoon of oatmeal, and honey to sweeten. Mix well.
- Drink everyday fasting
Benefits of carrot for weight loss
- Its lots of fibers give a purifying effect. This means that the fiber passes through the digestive system, carrying other foods, eliminating toxins, and regulating bowel movement.
- It is an antioxidant due to its high content of beta carotene, which, in turn, helps you maintain healthy skin and keep cells younger.
- It has inflammatory properties, so it helps prevent bloating (abdominal distension caused by an accumulation of gases) and remove gases usually cause you bloating.
- Thanks to its high water content, the carrot is an excellent diuretic that helps eliminate fluid retention that can cause bloating.
- High levels of water and fiber that have the carrot give an extremely satiating power that will help you not peck other foods.
- It is shallow in calories (42 calories per 100 grams), so you can eat without guilt.
- The carrot is a thermogenic food, which means acting to promote the burning of calories.
Note that you should not make a diet pure and exclusively of carrots because, although they bring a lot of nutrients, they are not enough for a balanced diet. In this regard, we recommend that you associate them with other vegetables and proteins. Also, you have to know that achieving weight loss is very important to eat a balanced diet and do physical activity daily. The carrot has the perfect combo of nutrients to lose weight effectively. Therefore, incorporate it into your diet.