Losing weight is important not only to look good in the mirror but because the excess of weight often triggers other diseases like cholesterol, heart disease, fatty liver disease, or hyperuricemia. In this sense, the pineapple diet is very effective in losing weight.
The pineapple diet is a slimming method, being very low in calories, allowing you to lose weight quickly. However, keep in mind that this diet is often misused. For example, many diet plans suggest eating only pineapples for 3 days, which actually helps you lose weight quickly, but this does not mean that effectively.
If you eat only pineapples for three days, all you will achieve is regain weight immediately after finishing the diet. The reason is that the pineapple, being a natural diuretic, causes the reduction of our inflammation, so weight loss is not real. In addition, the drastic reduction of calories leads directly to the rebound effect that makes us regain the lost kilos.
Pineapple diet: correct way to use it
There is a proper way to use the pineapple diet to lose kilos effectively: performing it for 5 days and incorporating other foods. However, because it is a low-calorie diet, it is essential not to do it for more than 5 days, not doing vigorous physical activity, and drinking at least 2 liters of water a day to stay hydrated.
The pineapple diet is to perform the five daily meals but following this plan:
- Breakfast: 2 slices of pineapple, a glass of low-fat yogurt, and a half toast of bread.
- Mid-morning snack: 1 cup of pineapple juice.
- Lunch: vegetable broth, 200 grams of chicken, and 2 slices of pineapple.
- Snack: 1 cup of pineapple juice, half of a whole-wheat toast, and 1 egg.
- Dinner: Chicken salad, lettuce, and pineapples. 2 slices of pineapple for dessert.
Follow this plan by consuming the same foods for five days, and you will notice real changes. Try that the pineapple is natural and not canned so that its nutrients are of full quality.
Benefits of pineapple diet to lose weight
- It is low in calories
- It has a powerful diuretic effect
- It helps cleanse the liver, pancreas, and kidneys
- It has high levels of fiber to help speed up metabolism
- Detoxifies and cleanses the body
- Pineapple contains a mixture of digestive enzymes that are very effective in burning fat.
- Pineapple is readily available and easy to prepare
Disadvantages pineapple diet
- It can be very monotonous
- It is not suitable for people with kidney problems
- Its powerful diuretic effect can cause you to dehydrate (because of that, you should consume a lot of water)
- You can’t do it for long because it increases the risk of disease due to malnutrition
- Not suitable if you need to lose many kilos
Because it is a diet deficient in calories, it is recommended that you start eating healthy foods gradually, and you avoid fats and processed foods to not fall on the rebound effect.
In addition, you should consult your doctor before doing this diet to be sure you can do it without problems.