Oatmeal is one of the foods with more beneficial properties to health as it improves the health of the skin, prevents cancer, and prevents cardiovascular disease. Also, if you’re looking to lose weight, oats, thanks to being a rich source of vitamins and minerals, are an excellent ally to eliminate those extra kilos.
Oats are a cereal that has been used since antiquity. In fact, archaeologists have found evidence of its use in the Bronze Age in Central Europe. So if you’re looking to lose weight with oats, in this article, we will show you the keys to this superfood and how to use it in your diet.
How to lose weight with oats
This cereal can become one of your best friends if you’re looking to lose weight. Furthermore, it is straightforward to get and prepare. For this reason, we recommend that you replace the rest of the cereals you eat daily with oats.
Note that there are two types of oats: instant oatmeal (ready to eat) and traditional oatmeal (to be cooked). To prepare this recipe, we teach you then you can use either of two types.
Scottish oat bread
This oat bread is very nutritious and lower in calories and fats than bread made with wheat flour. Incorporate it into your diet to get all the benefits of losing weight with oats.
- 6 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 square of fresh yeast
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml of skim milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Put the yeast in a bowl, add milk, and mix
- Then add the two eggs and mix lightly
- Add oats and a pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients to unite and put the content into a pie pan
- Cover with a cloth and let rest one hour in a warm place to leaven
- Cook in a medium oven for 20 minutes
Benefits of oats for weight loss
- It is low in calories
- It generates satiety quickly because its carbohydrates are slowly absorbed
- Because of its purifying amino acids that generate lecithin in the liver, it helps to purify the body.
- Its high fiber contents remove toxic and fats.
- Its soluble fiber improves the digestion of starch, which is very favorable to control blood sugar levels.
- It improves digestion because it reduces bile acids, thereby avoiding constipation.
- Lowers bad cholesterol
- Lowers blood pressure
- It provides voluminous levels of magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium
- It prevents hypothyroidism
As you can see, oatmeal is indeed a superfood. In fact, according to the Food and Drug Administration, it is essential to include oats in your daily diet. Also, you can lose weight with oats without suffering starves.
On the other hand, note that for weight loss is indeed necessary to follow a healthy diet, being physically active every day, and drink at least two liters of water per day.
Add this cereal to your diet every day and you will notice how easy it is to lose weight with oats.