One of the main foods recommended to be included when you are following a dietary plan is salads. Also, the combination of fruits, vegetables, and legumes is actually beneficial to the body’s overall health due to its excellent supply of vitamins and minerals.
If you include a salad in your daily diet, you can lose weight while incorporating fiber, hydration, and energy into your body. All you need is a little imagination to not fall into the typical salad of lettuce and tomato. This article will teach you to prepare a complete salad that will let you incorporate all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy.
A delicious salad to lose weight
To prepare this salad to lose weight, we recommend using organic ingredients if it is possible. Also, if you want that your salad is a healthy dish, you should avoid dressings that are already prepared because they are often high in calories.
- 150 grams of beet
- 100 grams of carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 2 tomatoes
- 50 grams of onion
- 1 orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of pepper
- Boil 150 grams of beets. Once they are tender, peel and cut them into cubes.
- Wash and peel a carrot. Then, use a grater to chop.
- Wash the celery stalk and finely chop it
- Wash two tomatoes and cut them into cubes
- Peel the onions, wash and cut into julienne
- Put all ingredients in a bowl, add the orange juice, one tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of pepper.
- Mix all ingredients well and eat!
Why eating salad to lose weight?
- It is low in calories.
- It is delicious
- It is rapidly to prepare
- It is healthy
- It provides excellent content of vitamins and proteins
Tips for preparing your salad to lose weight
- Use fresh seasonal ingredients
- Prepare salad in time before eating. It is not recommended to do it from one day to another because the vegetables usually get ugly and lose their properties.
- The last thing you should add to a salad before eating is the oil because this often contaminate the taste of other ingredients if it is added before
- If you are starving, you should eat first lettuce or other leafy green plants to generate satiety before eating salad.
- If you want to make a salad with ingredients that need cooking, cook them before and add them to the salad where they are already cold.
- Avoid dressings that are already prepared because they tend to be high in calories. It is best to prepare a dressing with some citrus juice (lemon, orange, grapefruit), a pinch of pepper (to avoid sodium), and a tablespoon of olive oil (if possible, extra-virgin because it preserves better the nutrients)
As you can see, the salads are excellent allies to combat overweight and ensure that you have the body you dream of having. However, it is important to accompany the salad diet with daily exercise, a balanced diet, and consuming at least two liters of water per day.
If you’re looking to lose weight, incorporate this delicious salad to your diet and you will feel how you lose weight while you incorporate other healthy nutrients to your body.