It is very likely that when you hear the word “fat,” you want to run because you think it is an element that is very harmful to the body and also makes us gain weight. However, certain types of fats should be incorporated into our nutrition because, besides being beneficial for health in general, they help us lose weight.
Healthy fats or unsaturated fats are those that remain pure, which means that they have not been already modified and are available for our body to transform as needed. Healthy fats include olive oil, oily fish, and the delicious and versatile avocado.
If you are interested in learning about it, read on because in this article, we will teach you all about the benefits of avocados to lose weight and how to prepare them to achieve that goal.
Avocado: healthy fats for slimming
The avocado is a fruit native to Central America, giving us many benefits to our overall health, including helping us lose weight. However, note that the avocado is rich in fats (it has 160 calories per 100 grams) and, therefore, we should consume it in moderation.
Properties of avocado for slimming
- Oleic acid that avocado has generates feelings of fullness instantly and helps us to prevent the pecking.
- Its high fiber content helps us to regulate bowel movements and eliminate toxins.
- For having Omega 9 fat, it helps absorb fat-soluble vitamins and minerals
- It has a lot of nutrients, allowing us to lose weight by avoiding malnutrition
- It promotes the functioning of the metabolic process
- It is a natural antioxidant that helps burn more fat in less time
Other properties of avocado
- Improves the functioning of the nervous system due to its content of pyridoxine
- Prevents the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Improves skin appearance
- Treats insomnia
- Prevents degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s or multiple sclerosis
- It reduces levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood
- Regulates blood pressure
- Rebuild the cell walls
- It gives us a lot of energy to perform our activities
- Increases fertility thanks to its copper content
How to consume avocado?
Overall, avocado is often consumed raw in salads, smoothies, or spread to wet with other foods. In fact, one of the sauces made from avocado is the recognized and delicious guacamole. Furthermore, its versatility allows us to use it at any time of day, either breakfast or dinner.
Moreover, because it is a healthy fat, you can use avocado to replace oil or mayonnaise condiment. These have polyunsaturated fats that are aggressive to health and make us gain weight.
Although it is a fruit, avocados (such as tomatoes) can be used as a vegetable because they contain deficient levels of sugar. However, note that you must wait for it to mature before eating, and you should consume it immediately after opening because it oxidizes and becomes black.
Not all fats are harmful to health, there are healthy fats that help us to lose weight, such as avocado.